Friday, December 5, 2008

There's always a FIRST for everything

I've never had my own blog before & so I'm grateful for my sister, Vina, who has introduced this site to me. She actually just told me to go online & read her blogs, but as I was reading her blogs I wanted to make one for myself. Sooooo thanks sis, you're the best!

***************************************************************************

Friday, December 5, 2008- My husband surprised me with Utah Jazz tickets, well kinda. I'm not a basketball fan & thought that it would be so boring, but I was so excited to go to an NBA Basketball game, so I just went along with it. We were planning on waiting for another game, but since he got it so cheap...WHY NOT?! Yeah, the tickets were only $5 & the seats were way up there, but who cares. It didn't matter to me where our seats were, all that mattered was that I was with my husband doing something different. Since the Utah Jazz play downtown, we didn't want to bother paying for parking or even looking for a parking space so we took the TRAX. It was well worth it, I had so much fun! The most exciting thing about the Jazz game was that I got to see the new lights in the Energy Solutions Arena & seeing the lights from way up there was so worth the $5. LOL!

They also gave away a lot of free stuff, they gave away Geek Squad shirts from Best Buy, burritos from Taco Bell, Jazz frisbees & much more. We actually got a chance to get ourselves a free Jazz duffle bag, it's not that big but it's something.

The Jazz played against the Toronto Raptors from Canada. The game started at 8:30 pm & we got there at like 7:45 pm. Both my husband & I were so tired so we actually left the game towards the end of the halftime show. We got outside of the Energy Solutions Arena & they had all the trees outside lighted & decorated with the Christmas lights & it was so beautiful. We took a couple pictures & got to the TRAX station so we wouldn't miss our ride, LOL! By the time the train (i guess you can call it that) arrived at the train station it was like 10:05 pm. Anyways, ever since we were married I was always in to watching the news & channel 2 news is the best. Well, they have their studio downtown SLC on Main Street & since we were downtown at the time of the 10 o'clock news I wanted to stop by the studio just so that I can wave in the background & to be on tv. So my husband & I got on the train & rode it for like 2 or 3 blocks & got off, we must've got off too early because we had a long ways to walk, before reaching the studio. On our way to the channel 2 news studio we stopped over at the skating rink that they have outside. That was so cool to see, my husband wanted to rent some skates & go skating but I wasn't about to fall on my arse in front of everyone. Luckily I still had battery time left on my camera, I recorded the kids w/ their parents just going around & skating...just like you see in the movies! Downtown SLC was well decorated, almost all the trees were decorated with lights & it was such a pretty sight to see.


After enjoying seeing the families skate together, we walked on over to the channel 2 news studio & made it in time...the 10 o'clock news was still on. I was so excited & I guess my husband was tired because it seemed like he had the WHATEVER attitude, kaloz! The first thing that I noticed was how pretty the news anchor lady really was. Because when you see things on tv, alot of things can be done to make them pretty, but this lady (Shauna Lake) was so beautiful. She seemed to have a 'down-to-earth' personality as well. She was so kind, she turned around & waved at all of the people standing outside...it was AWESOME!


Anyways, our night out in the town was so much fun & I wouldn't mind doing it again (hint, hint).

No comments: