Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Accomplished...

So since I wasn't able to go to work today, because of whatever it is in my back, I decided that I would go to the LDS Church Office Building & request a copy of my mom's patriarchal blessing for her. The biggest highlight of the day was that we had FREE parking for 2 hours, you couldn't beat that!


We got to the Church History Library to find out that I would be able to request a copy as if I was my mom, but it would be sent to her directly & I wouldn't be able to get a copy unless it came directly from my mom. I was fine with that, as long as my mom received it than I was good. The old lady's that worked there in the Library were so nice & willing to help me out! Also as we were getting ready to leave the library, I heard one of the old lady's say, "Oooh, there's a General Authority here today!" My eyes opened so wide & I was so anxious to grab my purse & run after him. The sad thing about it was that I didn't even know which General Authority it was. I peeked to see if I could see him so that I could ask for a picture with him, but he was nowhere to be found.

My husband & I decided to walk around temple square & just act like tourists for the rest of the time we have that FREE parking. We walked out & went into the Joseph Smith Building. There was beautiful music playing in the background, well that's what we thought. When we got to the entrance of the Joseph Smith Building there we seen a choir. OMG, it was so BEAUTIFUL! We stopped to listen for awhile & then headed down the stairs to the Distribution Center. We were going to look for the Gordon B. Hinckley movie that just barely came out. Unfortunately they didn't carry that movie there but we were able to purchase us a picture of Jesus Christ, a pictures of the First Presidency & The FAMILY Proclamation. I was also looking to purchasing a Romanian Book of Mormon, for my sister-in-law but didn't purchase it because we were afraid of how she would react to that gift.



We left the Distribution Center & headed back to the entrance of the Joseph Smith Building & there again was that beautiful choir, still singing. There was also a big statue of Joseph Smith made of marble, OMG! We headed out the door & across the street to Deseret Book to purchase the Gordon B. Hinckley movie as a gift for someone. Once at the Deseret Book Store I had my husband try on some CTR rings & we just looked around. I got a postcard of the Jordan River Temple & wanted to send it to my mom! But now I changed my mind & I think I'm going to send it to my little brother Hyrum (long story)!

That was my lovely day with my husband & we both enjoyed it & would love to do it again...soon!

Here are some pictures from today!

One of the 3 trees on the main floor in the LDS Church Office Building


The mini water show right outside the LDS Church Office Building


TJ & I in front of the SLC Temple! Is this the one?


Another one of us in front of the SLC Temple!


Lion so'o, only if was RED YELLOW GREEN!


This is the only Christmas Tree that I saw in the Joseph Smith Building!


I love this statue of Joseph Smith, frek'n tight...made of marble!!

1 comment:

A.Niu said...

I love it sass. I hate the rain right about not. But my husbands coming home and he's already irrz. I said on the phone eh just stay over there. keo.LOL