Tuesday, December 23, 2008

OUR 1st Christmas tree..

Usually my family would take our christmas tree down on new years eve, this year was a little different.

First of all, I was so excited to pick out mine & TJ's first christmas tree. I didn't want an artificial tree, I really wanted a fresh-cut christmas tree. Our apartment isn't very big, it's just a one-bedroom apartment & so we just got a medium-sized tree. I think our christmas tree measured at 4 feet, but it was nice & full. We decorated our tree in honor of the Utah Utes, but it turned out to be red & silver, maybe next year we'll have a reggae theme. Anyways, to make a long story short---I just took my decorations & my christmas tree down. I even took down all our other christmas decorations that we had around the house, not like we had a lot.

The reason I wanted to take our tree down already was because it was DEAD. We put a lot of water the first couple days we had it & then afterwards we didn't realize that the stump wasn't all the way in the tree stand so the water that was left was just there for nothing. So yeah, my christmas is all done & no spirit here in this house anymore! LOL!

We'll learn from our mistakes for the next year & just get an artificial tree!

No comments: