Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Everything's going to be okay!

So, since my husband & I decided to work out we've been doing good, so far! Yesterday was our second day & to me it felt like my last! As I was walking on the treadmill, I felt pain in my back just below my shoulder blade on my left side. I tried to stretch it out & do something to see if that pain would go away, but I think it just made it worst! I felt like my body was about to shut down! Anyways, my husband suggested to me that maybe it was just my muscles tightening up, so I just started to stretch more & suck it up. After our walk on the treadmill we headed home, I had to quickly bake a cake for my Relief Society Christmas Social & of course I had to hit the showers. I then went with Ana to our Christmas dinner & it was fun to be there!

Couple hours passed & I was still in pain, the pain was so bad that when I would gasp for air, I couldn't because when I did it hurt so bad. I then text my husband to let him know what was going on, he was on his way to the chapel. The main thing I was worried about was going to sleep because I was afraid that I would just stop breathing in my sleep & then FA! I told my husband how I felt as tears filled my eyes. The first thing I thought of was getting a blessing then going to the ER. Since my husband just recently got his Melchizedek priesthood, I thought that this would be the best opportunity for him to give me a blessing. Since we were also supposed to meet with our bishop the same night, he just called my bishop over & we went to his office to perform this blessing.

Honestly, I truly felt that the blessing helped me out & allowed me to at least breathe right! I still had problems gasping for air, but I knew that I was going to be okay. After the blessing that was given by my husband, there was a knock at the bishop's door. The door opened & in ran his little 3 year old son, Curtis. He is such a cute little boy. Right out the door was our bishop's wife, Annette. I guess she saw that I had been crying so she walked in & gave me a kiss & told me that she loved me, & again that assured me that EVERYTHING was going to be okay. My bishop was so kind enough to give me some medicine & lend us his heating pad. We ended up not needing to go to the ER & just stayed home to utilize the heating pad that was given to us to use.

Thank you Bishop, Annette & Curtis Sandstrom!

No comments: